Welcome to my blog!

Hello! My name is Paula and I love to write. I have an affinity for words and I want to tell tales about life and share experiences. I now have my very own canvas. I’m so excited! I have wanted to be an author since I was a child. I graduated from the Morris Journalism Academy in 2007. It’s funny how sometimes your passions are put on the back burner, while life goes on. You have probably heard the line “Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans”, (is it from a song? Not sure). I am blessed with the gifts of time and space now, and here I am doing what I love.Check out some of my articles.. Happy reading!


Home











The Last Lecture


My family and I are flying to the other side of the country next week to visit a close relative that has been diagnosed with cancer. It is a nasty monster that has not relented and withdrawn its attack despite grueling chemotherapy sessions. Our loved one is very sick. All the family members, I’m sure, have been through the usual feelings associated with this kind of situation. The pain, the anger, “Why us?” and for some perhaps even denial.

Speaking for myself I have tried hard to imagine what state of mind I would be in if I had been given such a dismal diagnosis. If something like that doesn’t get you to reflect on your life, nothing will. I put my grief aside for a while as I pondered and, as the Universe would have it; I heard just what my spirit needed to learn; the news that Professor Randy Pausch lost his battle with pancreatic cancer on July 25th, 2008. I had seen Randy a while ago on Oprah delivering what is now famously known as “The Last Lecture”. He delivered “Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams.” at Carnegie Mellon University to 400 people on September 18, 2007. He looked great, fit and healthy as he spoke to his audience about his condition complete with slides of his CT scans and a remarkable demonstration of one armed push ups.

I am certain that the majority of you out there have heard of Randy and more than likely viewed the 76 minute video of his last lecture. I have enclosed it on this post for those who have not seen or, like a lot of us, want to see it again. It has become an Internet sensation with millions of views along with his best-selling book which has been published in 35 languages.

There is nothing more to say, except what a legacy to leave for your children!
If you have not seen it and do not have time to watch it right now, add it to your favourites and watch it later and be inspired by a remarkable man who has left for us valuable lessons.

The last line of the video depicts the man.
R.I.P. Randy Pausch.














2 comments:

Lilly said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Techcorrespondent said...

I will pray to God for you - Prem

Search Here For Bargains

QUOTES

Maukie - the virtual cat